Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Say "Goodbye" to Your Past!


 The following is an exchange between a Facebook friend and me:

FB friend:  "I love the Lord and I try to live a good life, but I feel I am suffering perhaps the consequences of my past.  But I don't know how to let it go.  I don't understand the people who can say, 'Ok, God, I give it to you,' and poof, their pain and suffering is gone."

Me:  "Hmm, have you accepted Jesus as your Savior, the only way to eternal life?  You can count on Him wholeheartedly to turn bad into good.  Meditate on His Word; know who you are in Christ.  You must know who you are in Christ first.  You have to trust the Bible and God's Word over your feelings.  Satan is real, and he will try to defeat God's plan for you, especially if you are a threat to Satan, which you are.  Guilt and condemnation are of the enemy; conviction and peace are of the Holy Spirit.

When you accept Jesus as your personal savior, the Bible says you become a new creation in Christ and shed the old you.  With that being said, when God looks at you, He sees the blood of Christ's sacrifice covering you and making you pure.  You have to get this idea in your heart and meditate on it until you believe it.  God's word does not return void.  He is not a liar!  Also, being consumed with your past has elements of pride attached to it...the Bible says that the Lord gives grace to the humble but opposes the proud.  Satan loves to keep people in bondage to pride.  Tell the enemy to 'GET BEHIND YOU!'"


**For those without a Gmail account, please submit comments or questions to lbeauwilliams@gmail.com.  If you have a Gmail account, please feel free to put comments on blog :)**



No comments:

Post a Comment