Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Defeet Illness with High Heals

"The same power that conquered the grave lives in me."--Dave George, Grant Vater Pankratz

Do you believe in miracles?  How many times have you asked someone that question?  How many times have you been asked that question?  You must be willing to suspend your unbelief!  When you ask for anything from God, including healing, you must NOT doubt like a wave in the sea that is tossed about by the wind.  Should you be double-minded, you will not receive anything from God (James 1:6-7).  God requires faith on our part to trust Him with our problems.  Don't you want your significant other, sibling/s, child/children, etc. to trust that you will come through for them when necessary?  Well, God wants the same thing from us, His children!  Through Him, ALL things are possible, but what seems the hardest part sometimes is for us to actually BELIEVE that what we are praying for will indeed occur (Philippians 4:13).  Now, understand that if your request is not in line with biblical teaching or God's Will for your life, He will still answer you!  It may not be the answer you want, but God knows what is best for your life!  His plans are for you to live abundantly and with hope (Jeremiah 29:11)!  If you are seeking God first and truly believing Him to be all that His Word says He is, then many things will be added unto you (Matthew 6:33).  His Word does not return void (Isaiah 55:11).  He is not a liar!  The Lord knows what we need before we even ask Him (Matthew 6:8)!  Isn't that so awesome?!?  Well, in March of 2009, I had two hardcore women on fire for God lay hands on me and pray for a miracle.  And, guess what?  I got my (really, God's) miracle!

Named after Dr. Burrill B. Crohn, who first described the disease in 1932 along with colleagues Dr. Leon Ginzburg and Dr. Gordon D. Oppenheimer, Crohn’s disease belongs to a group of conditions known as Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD). Crohn’s disease is a chronic inflammatory condition of the gastrointestinal tract. (www.ccfa.org)
In 1984, at the age of four, I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease.  I battled mightily as a child until I was about 15.  From the ages of 5 to 15, I took a daily dose of Prednisone (different dosages depending on the level of severity), a medical steroid, used to treat inflammation for patients with Arthritis, Crohn's Disease, sinus infections, etc.  I was finally well enough to get off of the medication for almost a whole year while still in elementary school and felt very defeated when my doctor advised that my colitis needed some medicinal treatment again.  A few years later, I was able to get off of the medication when I was a sophomore in high school.  Upon graduating from high school, I had a colonoscopy to make sure things were still legit.  Everything looked okay, and I went off to college.  Fast forward 10 years.  I finally had a big girl job, and with that came insurance!  I decided to secure an appointment with a gastroenterologist as I had not been seen by anyone for my Crohn's in 10 years!  He scheduled a colonoscopy and discovered that I was battling mild to moderate colitis.  He advised me to get on medication as a preventative measure and to reduce inflammation.  I want to make it clear that from the age of 15 until 2009, I had a very asymptomatic case.  Even when I was having a flare-up, I had no symptoms!  Praise God!  I just happened to find out through a routine colonoscopy that I was having a flare-up while planning my wedding.  Go figure!

After these two women laid hands on me in March 2009, I was super excited to get my next colonoscopy.  Sounds a bit strange, I know!  Anyway, my doctor decided to move by annual colonoscopy up from late 2009 to closer to mid 2009.  I was so excited!  I went in for my annual scope in 2009 and 2010, and my doctor said there was only scar tissue but no evidence of disease.  Last October, I told my doctor before being anesthetized that he was not going to find ANYTHING!  Guess what?  I was right!  I had been believing God for several years to prove Himself, and He did!  My doctor said that my colon looked like a normal, healthy colon!  Psalm 103:3 says that the Lord heals our diseases!  Psalm 30:2 says:  "Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me."  Reader, there is power in prayer!  The Lord bends His ear to the prayers of the righteous (Proverbs 15:29).  Believe the Lord to bless you abundantly!  With obedience comes blessing and favour.  Remember not to be double-minded as the book of James reminds us.  We serve an Awesome, Almighty God!  Start believing God for some Awesome, Almighty healing!

Let's Devise2bWise all the days of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment